Overload with lemon and don’t know what to do with it? Try this delicious cookies, I guarantee it will be melting in your tongue and make you want more and more. Perfect to company your afternoon tea!
- 200g (1 1/3 cups) plain flour
- 100g (2/3 cup) cornflour
- 225g unsalted butter, chopped, softened
- 80g (1/2 cup) icing sugar, sifted
- 3 lemons, zested
- 1 tsp vanilla xtract
Passion fruit filling
- 4 passion fruit, pulp removed or buy the one in a bottle from supermarket
- 200g (1 1/4 cups) icing sugar, sifted
- 80g unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 170C. Sift flours with 1/4 tsp salt into a bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add zest and vanilla, then gradually beat in combined flours until mixture just comes together.
- Roll 1 teaspoonful of dough into balls, placing them on 2 oven trays lined with baking paper. Using a floured flat bottom of a glass, flatten balls then using the back of a floured fork mark biscuits with tines. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes, swapping trays halfway, or until biscuits are light golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Make 30.
- Meanwhile to make filling press pulp through a fine sieve, reserving seeds. Place 2 tbs juice, 3 tsp reserved seeds and remaining ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on high-speed until fluffy. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spread filling on 15 biscuits, then sandwich with remaining biscuits.