We are in the middle of Autumn here. Autumn is my favorite season of the year for its beauty and significance. The cool crisp air and the falling leaves are ones of my favorite about autumn. This whole week we are experiencing a lots of rain, and gusty wind, and thunderstorm. Not my favorites ones, except the rain! Layers and cardigans are essential on this time of the year. Blankets and woolens have been out from its box and washed, and added to most corners of the house. Ugg boots and slippers are out. Warm curries and soup for the meals are on the menu. Though we don’t need to light the fire yet, but stacks of chopped woods are waiting at our backyard to be lit. I am loving this season. It’s a time to slow down and curl up on the couch with warm tea and a book. Time to nurture and light a candle in the evening.
In a couple of weeks winter will be approaching. Though winter here is very mild still in the evening the temperature can drop couple degree lower and you can feel the chill of winter weather. I don’t mind the winter season though sometimes the grey and gloomy weather can make you feel a bit winter blues. To beat the winter blues I have few tips:
- get enough sleep – it’s important to get enough sleep though over sleep can make you feel even more tired. In my case, I have no sleep in except for Saturdays.
- exercise – I know it’s hard to motivate yourself to get off of the couch and go to the gym or walk your dog at the park, while all you want just to curl up under the warm doona. But trust me, exercise really does help. You don’t have to leave the house, do a bit living room yoga or dance around the house, it will lift up your mood.
- bake a cake and eat it – don’t worry too much about your waistline.
- go for a walk around town and treat yourself for something little and cute.
- stay warm and cozy
- drink tea when you’re cold!
So, what is your favorite season of the year?
Have a wonderful week-end everyone!