First time ever I make this jelly slice, it’s very easy and very refreshing. With its biscuits base, creamy filling, and jelly on top, it’s my kids favorite’s dessert!
250g plain sweet biscuits ( I used Arnott’s Milk Arrowroot biscuits)
175g butter, melted
pinch of ground cinnamon
395g can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup strained lemon juice
3/4 cup boiling water
2 tspn gelatine powder
85g red jelly crystals
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm x 30cm slicepan, extending paper 2cm above the sides of the pan.
- Process biscuits in a food processor to fine crumbs. Add butter and cinnamon and process again. Press biscuit mixture into the base of prepared pan. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Combine condensed milk with lemon juice in medium bowl.
- Combine boiling water and gelatine in a small jug. Stir until completely dissolved, then stir into condensed milk mixture. Pour over biscuit base and return to the refrigerator for 1 hour or until set.
- Meanwhile prepare jelly according to packet instructions, using 100ml less cold water than directed. Allow to come to room temperature. Pour jelly mixture over set milk filling. Chill for a further 1 hour or until jelly is set.
( the boys poked on the jelly topping, as the result you can see it on the picture above! )
Happy Sunday you all!
Note: Recipe is from Taste.com