For all the chocolate lovers out there, you should try this recipe. It is very easy chocolate mousse recipe, not overly sweet which I like. I often whip this recipe in just less than half an hour, my kids love it, it’s their treat for being a good boys :p
200 gr dark cooking chocolate, chopped
300 ml thickened cream
4 free range eggs, separated
1/4 cup icing sugar mixture
- Put chocolate in a large bowl and set over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir occasionally with a spatula until chocolate has melted. Remove from heat and remove bowl from pan. Set aside for 5 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, put cream in a large bowl and beat with electric beaters until soft peaks form. Add icing sugar mixture and beat until thick, glossy, and stiff peaks form.
- Stir yolks into chocolate mixture. Fold in cream.
- Fold in 1/2 the egg-whites until just combined.
- Fold in remaining egg-whites.
- Spoon mousse into eight ramekins or cups. Chill for 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve with cut strawberry, delicious!
Optional, you can add chopped or swirl chocolate before serving.