I probably have more than one banana bread recipes so far 😝 The other day I was craving something chocolatey and something banana. I looked at my fruit bowl I had couple of very ripped bananas. So, the searching for chocolate banana cake or bread recipes were on. And I found this recipe that I would like to share with you, just in case you’re like me, easy no fancy baker 😅
This chocolate banana bread is pretty easy to make, no mixer needed. It is soft and moist and the sweetness level is just right. You can add more sugar if you prefer a bit more sweet.
- 175 grams plain flour
- 40 grams or 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 90 grams ( 1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 115 grams unsalted butter
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) dark chocolate chips
- Grease and line your 9 x 5 inch baking tin with baking paper. Preheat oven to 180 C.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder. Add sugars, and cinnamon and gently stir.
- In the microwave, heat the butter in a large heatproof bowl until just melted. Remove the butter and set aside to cool slightly. Meanwhile mash your bananas well using a fork.
- Add your vanilla, eggs and milk to your cooled butter and whisk gently until combined. Make a well in the middle of your dry ingredients, add wet ingredients and mashed banana. Gently fold the mixture using a spatula or wooden spoon until the mixture is just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Add 1/4 cup of chocolate chips to the batter. Pour mixture into prepared tin and sprinkle 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for approximately 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
This banana bread is not overly sweet, if you like more sweet add an extra 1/4 cup of caster sugar.
Source : Sweetest Menu
Happy week-end and happy baking!